- 500g Balducci Penne Rigati No.18
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 x 400g tins peeled tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tbsp stuffed olives, sliced
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- ½ capsicum, finely diced
- 4 anchovy fillets, drained and chopped
- 1 tsp basil leaves
- ½ tsp chilli powder (or to taste)
- 1 tsp sugar
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Parmesan cheese, to serve
- Parsley, to serve
- On medium heat, heat olive oil in a saucepan. Fry garlic until brown, stir frequently.
- When brown add tomatoes, olives, parsley, capsicum, anchovies, basil and chilli. Season with sugar, salt and pepper. Bring to boil and simmer gently for 15 minutes.
- Cook pasta according to packet directions. Drain well and return to pot.
- Add ¾ of the sauce and gently stir it through, serve hot topped with the remaining sauce, sprinkled with Parmesan cheese and garnished with basil or parsley leaves.